Glass bead is a cost effective and versatile media that can be utilized for peening, metal cleaning, finishing, and light deburring.
Glass Bead used by Technical Metal Finishing meets the requirements of AMS 2431/6.
- Rapid results: clean, finish, peen and deburr in one step
- Controlled results: clean finish without significant metal removal or changing tolerances
- Versatile: create a wide range of reproducible surface finishes
- Economical: can be recycled/reused many times
- Chemically inert: no ferrous or other residues
Glass Bead Facts Large Beads
- Remove larger, tougher soils.
- Peen to more intense levels.
- Peen to deeper zones in surface.
- Produce higher surface profile.
- Produce brighter surface.
- Remove smaller, lighter soil.
- Yield more impacts per pound.
- Clean faster.
- Peen to less intense levels.
- Reach into keyways, fillets, and small areas.
- Produce lower surface profile.
- Produce matte finish.
- Shape spherical
- Color clear
- Hardness (Knoop) 515
- Compressive strength 36,000 psi (avg.)
- Density 2.5 g/cc
- Specific Gravity 2.45-2.50
- Free silica content 0%